Cubase SX / Groove Agent Midi Output Problem

joeSciacca.com

Hi everybody

When I try to record a Midi track from Groove Agent's MidiOutput the result sounds kinda strange, like if the quantize Function is turned on somewhere. Means the Events in the track are written out completely wrong.

If I program a track of manuall 1 BassD 2 Snare 3 BassD 4 BassD GA plays it correctly. - Yeah, I've also made shure that the Midi Track is outputted to GA only and not Inputted back (to prevent double triggering).

I have also made shure that SysEx Events are not beeing protocolled in the Application's settings.

Anyone has idea what else it could be?

Or has anyone some screenshots of his/her Cubase GA Midi Out settings? Just to see if there's something I should turn/off in the App Settings?

Thanks for helpin'.

Greets Joe

I thought i remembered reading in the manual that you are supposed to have the quantize functions turned off in the host application (cubase) for the best results. As long as you have your tempo set right, Groove Agent will keep the stuff on beat, so turn it off and see if that doesn't fix the problem.

I use Groove Agent with SX and don't have any troubles. LEt me know if this works.

The Auto Quantize option is turned off (according to the Trasport field).

I have also tried with creating a new MIDI track without any settings.

I thought it might be helpful if I post my Cubase SX Preferences:

MIDI

OFF MIDI Thru Active
OFF Reset on Part End
OFF Reset on Stop
-2 Ticks Lenght Adjustment

Chase Events
ON Note
ON Poly Pressure
ON Controller
ON Program Change
ON Aftertouch
ON Pitch
OFF Sysex

Midi Filter
ON Sysex

Everything looks okay to me. In what way does your output look wierd, can you describe it?

Also, I believe that there was one update to Groove Agent that you needed to download because believe it or not, the program was shipped with some bugs in it! Can you believe that? :rolleyes: LOL

Hey Bassmasta!!!

Found it.

Upgraded to from Cubase SX 2.0.1 Build 7 to Build 10 and Groove Agent 1.0 to 1.000.1

Now it works perfectly. Found a hint in the Cubase Forum you've linked.

Back