Cubase stops recording after 2min and 40sec- Help!

Vice1

When I record an Audio track Cubase will only record for 2 min and 40 seconds and then it will just stop. Sometimes it will go for longer but only about 1 time out of ten. It seems to happen more on track one.
I made sure that the punch out button was off and I messed around with the position of the right indicator. But it didn't make a difference. Other than that everything is set uplike it shows in the manual.
From the posts I read It doesn't seem like a common occurence so I thought it might be my Computer. But I also have N-track and that works fine! Any suggestions?Thanks

I haven't forgotten about you, I've been pouring over the manual looking for an explanation to no avail. I'm sure it's something small and silly that we're overlooking. Keep messing with it and I'll keep looking. Sorry I don't have an answer for you yet.

What soundcard are you using? Have you checked these settings?

Under programs steinberg, setup MME (i think). Poke around in their, if you find a setting that relates to buffers, change them, most likely increase the size.

This is the most problematic area of Cubase (or any multitracker). So many soundcards. Check under tools, system in cubase, what are you set at as far as your sound card goes?

Thanks Guys. I raised the Buffer size to 6080 in playback and 7296 in record and now I can record forever!

BUT, now I have big lantency problems. Nothing will sync. I'm just recording audio and it seems like the online help tells you how to troubleshoot lantency with everything BUT Audio. Is it so simple that they don't bother? Is there something obvious I'm missing? Or is it just not possible.

[This message has been edited by Vice1 (edited 03-24-2000).]

every time I try to incearse the buffers gradually the sync test fail. and when I seem find a happy medium that latency is still at 500 msec or worse.

I'm using a Terratec Meastro Audio card. It came with my computer. could this be the problem.

Hey Vice,

The Terratec gets mentioned quite a bit on Steinbergs site.
www.steinberg.net

under support.

Which model is it exactly? Terratec's website doesn't mention maestro specifically.

Download the newest drivers for your card. Maybe you even have ASIO support which would be a real bonus.
http://www.terratec-us.com

Emeric

Hi everbody, this is symptomatic of the cubase programing .Dependant on the system you are running latency can be a big issue.Cubase is designed around the midi platform and the audio platform second .This was a large reason behind the developement of Nuendo(cubase's audio first counterpart). It is designed around people who do mostly audio recording , but all the midi funtions are still there but the audio side is in the forefront. The one other feature that I know everyone is going to be very hot on is .....the fact that you can now undo any point of the undo list without having to go though the process of redoing everything else after the fact. COOL huh? any way it's worth a look.

Back