Cubase SL and SX?

tribal

Hi, I'm new to Cubase and I got this mixer Alesis Multimix16 f/w which come with Cubase LE. I want to upgrade it because LE version could only record 4 tracks sitimulately which is not enough for me since I want to record live performance for my band, church etc.. so I came to know that I need Cubase SL or SX. I am thinking of getting SL which could record my 16 tracks sitimulately as you know it's a lot cheaper than SX but the question is what's really is the difference between them there got to be something I guess :confused:. Since both of them could record 16 tracks sitimulately but what about sound quality, ease of use, midi synth, etc....

Thanks, V

I seen that but for 16 tracks it wouldn't be different right? I kind of want to get SX but is SL will be the same?

I'm running SL and the biggest differences that mean anything to me (recording band guy) is phase reversal button on the virtual mixer, and the use of external effects delay compensation. Other than that I don't find anything lacking. Of course there is the surround options and track/virtual instrument counts, but I don't really notice that stuff.

There is also the amount of inserts per channel... I would just go with SL. If down the road you need SX, just do the upgrade. In the end it is actually $1 cheaper to buy SL and upgrade to SX than to just buy SX outright (at least based on pricing concerning SX3).

true, it's about price for my case. I don't mind too much about surround sound and virtual instrument mixer as long as they have the same sound quality. I reckon I'll get SL, thanks for letting me know guys.

Cheers, Van

just a BTW, I have LE it came with my firepod and it allows me to record 8 tracks at once. I think if I had more inputs I'd be able to record them as well. I'm not trying to say not to upgrade but maybe try to find out why it's not letting you use all the inputs at once because SX might do the same?

tribal said:
Hi, I'm new to Cubase and I got this mixer Alesis Multimix16 f/w which come with Cubase LE. I want to upgrade it because LE version could only record 4 tracks sitimulately which is not enough for me since I want to record live performance for my band, church etc.. so I came to know that I need Cubase SL or SX. I am thinking of getting SL which could record my 16 tracks sitimulately as you know it's a lot cheaper than SX but the question is what's really is the difference between them there got to be something I guess :confused:. Since both of them could record 16 tracks sitimulately but what about sound quality, ease of use, midi synth, etc....

Thanks, V

Your info is outdated. With the release of Cubase 4, there is no more SL or SX - only Cubase 4 and Cubase 4 Studio.

sirslurpee said:
just a BTW, I have LE it came with my firepod and it allows me to record 8 tracks at once. I think if I had more inputs I'd be able to record them as well.
I don't think you could, SE is limited to 8 physical inputs, I'm pretty sure LE would be too.

brzilian said:
Your info is outdated. With the release of Cubase 4, there is no more SL or SX - only Cubase 4 and Cubase 4 Studio.

Yea, my concern is about the price,Cubase4 seems pretty good, as long as I could run and record 18 tracks simulately that's all I ever wanted.I am buying from ebay of course a legit one, maybe I'll upgrade to Cubase4 one day but not now :p

Back