Cubase question

trax

I made a beat on my motif,put it on a cd,and loaded it into cubase.IS there anyway,where I can chop up the beat,and put each instrument on a differt track.:confused: :confused: :confused:

If you are using SX1 or 2 this is easy.
Double click on the audio and type in the correct number of bars at the top of the window then click on the hitpoint mode button, now adjust the sensitivity slider so that each drum is seperated (you can draw hit points in manually with the pencil tool and audition each drum with the speaker tool) and when this is complete right click and select Hitpoints > Create audio slices.

Your part on the arrange page is now sliced into individual drums and will change to whatever tempo you set on the transprot bar.

If you want to seperate the different drums on to different audio tracks do the following:
Double click on your new sliced audio part, select the hits you wish to seperate to other audio tracks (you can again use the speaker to tool to audition) and drag them onto one of the lower lanes in the part editor (if you hold down the ctrl key they will not move left and right). Once you have moved say all the snares onto the same lane align the cursor to the beginning of the first hit then highlight them all and right click selecting edit > cut. Back on the arrange page draw a frsh audio event with the pencil tool, double click on it and selct paste from the edit menu.

There are easier ways of doing this im sure but that wil do what you want.

Thanks

keith

Back