Cubase Processor problem?

AbuziveMusik

Hey guys,
I was wondering if you could help me once again,
Im composing a song and i have around 5 midi tracks with each around eight mesures and yet its bugging up on me? That little bar on the left of the transport is up and im guessing its my cpu,

But i have a laptop and i cannot add anymore cpu...
What the hell can i do, This will seriously limit my recording capabilities...

Thanks for the help!
Seb

Render the tracks to audio files (export). Then disable the original. If you need to change something, enable the track again. :)

If you're just mixing and don't care about recording latency...
Set your buffer size at maximum! Most people don't realize that changing the buffer size from the normal 512 or 256 samples to the maximum (usually 3000-4000 samples) can cut down on 1/3 of your CPU usage!

If you're still experiencing problems then you'll have to bounce the tracks like jimmys69 said.

Or you can just freeze them at the VSTi rack (F11). Press the button that looks like a snowflake next to the VSTi's.

Cheers :)

HMM, well i looked at F11 and it says i have no instrument, i must have used the wrong term before, i clicked add instrument track, dont know if that explains anything,

Also, how do you change the buffer size and what does it do?
But i must be doing something wrong, i mean i have a few tracks and 24 seconds of a song...

I each instrument track using the same instrument? If so you may be able to add an instrument under devices and route MIDI tracks to that instrument. That way you only have one instance of the instrument. Some may not work this way but I know ones like Halion Sonic will.

Allright good lead! but also, is it possible to use the sounds directly from my keybord? it would probobly take less cpu too

lol i just got it... with a quater inch jack, for some reason i was thinking it could be done with midi. But now im getting a radio signal whenever my piano is plugged in to my interface, any thoughts why?

lol i just got it... with a quater inch jack, for some reason i was thinking it could be done with midi. But now im getting a radio signal whenever my piano is plugged in to my interface, any thoughts why?

Check the specs on your keyboard, if it has balanced out you should use a balanced cable (TRS), that can fix all sorts of interference. Could just be a bad cable too. Try switching cables if you have another even if it's only TS.

Back