Cubase problem.

TifStorey -

It sounds like you have inadvertantly recorded-in some mute-automation:

Is the mute activity the same every time you play, or is it random?

Ok, on the arrange page right click over the track info bit (where the name is, mute/solo buttons etc.). You'll get an option that says something like 'Show used automation on tracks'. Click that. You should now see all the automation on the tracks, INCLUDING mute-automation, displayed as rubber-bands. You should see where the tracks are muting on the rubber-band display. Now simply erase that mute automation!!

I hope that helps, otherwise I'll pray for you... :)

A47.

Hello Agent47 . . . Hey . . . I just registered for this home recording site so I could write to YOU. I can't tell you how thankful I am to you for posting this answer to a previous person's question. I was STUCK . . . I was recording a VERY IMPORTANT sound track to one of my children's books---had spent HOURS---when this problem arose that every time I used the READ part of my CUBASE SX recording the program would automatically go to MUTE. I was so down trodden . . . not knowing what to do. I went to Guitar Center in hopes someone there would know what to do . . . but, NOPE. Then I came home and took a shot at just typing in CUBASE---MUTE-READ PROBLEM (or something likethat. And, I looked down the page and kept reading until I came to your suggestion. Not knowing a whole lot about Cubase, I did what you said . . . and, in a short time, I figured it out . . .THANKS TO YOU!!! Thank you, thank you and thank you again . . . you TOTALLY made my day. And, may the Lord bless you for your kindness in sharing and helping others. Rish...from Salem, Oregon

Back