Cubase Pro 8 issues.

J

jokerone

Here is what I have noticed so far.

Hard to re-name tracks. (sometimes it lets you, sometimes it doesn't)

Won't open the Key Editor when you click on it sometimes. When it does open, the focus is still on the old Window and the Key editor stays in the background and doesn't move to the foreground window.

I have not had any crashes, or hanging up. Just these few annoyances.

Other than this, I'm really happy with Pro 8.

thanks.

Here is what I have noticed so far.

Hard to re-name tracks. (sometimes it lets you, sometimes it doesn't)

Won't open the Key Editor when you click on it sometimes. When it does open, the focus is still on the old Window and the Key editor stays in the background and doesn't move to the foreground window.

I have not had any crashes, or hanging up. Just these few annoyances.

Other than this, I'm really happy with Pro 8.

thanks.

That is odd. I have noticed strange behavior with the new windows management, but usually just a click on the main window and shit is right again.

I also have had no crashes or anything that would make me go back to an earlier version.

I solved the issue I had previously with opening/exporting files from Cubase 7.5. I just opened them in C8 and all was good. There was weird shit trying to export from C7 after upgrade. Pissed me off then, but it ended up being for the best anyway. I have no reason to open files in 7.5 now. All working in Cubase 8.

I'm running the same. I am about to test your issues on my system. I have not done any MIDI stuff since upgrade myself.

Hmm.. No issues renaming tracks. Editor comes up on MIDI track. No issue with virtual keyboard in the few seconds I tried.

How many video monitors are you using?

You may want to trash your preferences. When freaky shit like that has happened to me, this has fixed the issue.

Hmm.. No issues renaming tracks. Editor comes up on MIDI track. No issue with virtual keyboard in the few seconds I tried.

How many video monitors are you using?

You may want to trash your preferences. When freaky shit like that has happened to me, this has fixed the issue.

2 monitors. If I remember the preferences are pretty much if not completely default settings. (I think). Thanks, I'll give it a try.

Another that pops up is trying to hit File>Save. Its as if the mouse click doesn't take. Moving the Menu bar around a bit then trying it seems to work.
Also, When hitting (F2) Transport Panel then changing the tempo, the mouse grabs on to the entire Transport panel and the mouse is stuck with it, dragging it around until you right click, then it lets go and you can edit the tempo.

Give this a try.

---------- Update ----------

Another that pops up is trying to hit File>Save. Its as if the mouse click doesn't take. Moving the Menu bar around a bit then trying it seems to work.
Also, When hitting (F2) Transport Panel then changing the tempo, the mouse grabs on to the entire Transport panel and the mouse is stuck with it, dragging it around until you right click, then it lets go and you can edit the tempo.

You got some freaky shit goin on man... :(

I know. the latest is when I have a VST (in this case NI Guitar Rig) open as a VST, Most of the time I can not use the transport controls on the main window (i.e., start, play, record, rewind, etc. ) sometimes I can, but I can always use the same ones in the Transport window (F2).

So far none of this is keeping me from getting things done, just a pain in the ass.

Back