Cubase preoject to MP3 or wav.

SteveK

How do I do convert the Cubase file to a MP3 or wav. format so I can burn it onto a CD to upload to a host site? (I don't have my music computer online, hence the extra step of CD burning.) Thanks for the help!

First off make sure you have all the effects and mutes on channels that you want. Then look at the top of the screen, there should be two little triangles called markers (these are used to tell the computer what part of the song to export). Slide the right one of these to the end of the song then do the following.

File->Export->Audio Mixdown the n a few options will come up. What you want to choose is Stereo Interleaved, 16 bit, 41000 hz(can't remember wether its Hz or bits a second or whatever-Its christmas and the beers are starting to take effect.Hehe) the wav or mp3 whichever one you want. Then finally click export or ok and that should be it.

Have a Merry Christmas and a happy new year

dave

Export it to a Stereo Interleaved WAV. I've exported things from Cubase directly to MP3, and I may just be imagining things, but it always ends up sounding like crap. It sounds much better when I export it to a WAV and then later convert it to an MP3 or burn it and then convert it.

Do a little test if you have time...export one directly to an MP3 and then export it again as WAV and convert the WAV to MP3. It may be all in my head, but I swear Cubase makes shite MP3s.

Back