Cubase or Protools

Matt McCubase

I hear a lot of people talking about protools vs. sonar, but not too many of them seem to talk about cubase. I want to know about the features of cubase vs. the entry level PTLE systems. My friend Jon is going to school right now and told me to start on cubase b/c it was better than sonar. Well i went out and bought Cubase SX 2.0 and got me a St. Audio ADC&DAC2000 that samples at 24bit res. and up to 96kHz. Now he tells me to scrap the St. Audio and cubase and get digi001 or 002. Is this really worth it.

Matt McCubase said:
I hear a lot of people talking about protools vs. sonar, but not too many of them seem to talk about cubase. I want to know about the features of cubase vs. the entry level PTLE systems. My friend Jon is going to school right now and told me to start on cubase b/c it was better than sonar. Well i went out and bought Cubase SX 2.0 and got me a St. Audio ADC&DAC2000 that samples at 24bit res. and up to 96kHz. Now he tells me to scrap the St. Audio and cubase and get digi001 or 002. Is this really worth it.

Why are you asking this in the Cakewalk forum?

Yes, i know, i asked this question in the cakewalk forum. My fault. I thought that i had clicked on the cubase forun which is right above this one on the main BBS page. Sorry, i reposted the same question on the cubase forum. If you want to reply, look there.

McCubase....?

Hey was that guy for real??? I think he needs to be a Cubase user. He seems like the type to make things harder than they should be. Like instead of using a user friendly program like SONAR he wants to debate about using CUBASE. What a NERD~! He probably shouldn't use SONAR because.....ACKUS

Kgbjamin,
I said that i made a mistake, You problem is that you arent intelligent enough to debate or make a real post on this site anyway, so instead you find cheap ways of picking on others.
Lame, man. Wait, is that your mommy calling? she needs you to stop reading the home recording BBS page and log off of your crappy dial up connection so that she can use the telephone and tell one of you aunts about how you did the cutest little thing today.
And, while i think cakewalk is a perfectly good and very comprehensive platform ( i have been through all 3 versions of sonar and cakewalk 8) i chose to learn a new platform when Cubase SX 2 came out. Does this make me a nerd? Maybe it does since i put forth the time and effort expand my ever growing horizon's in the field of recording. However, there will come a day when i will be using my knowledge of the various DAW platforms available to the market and you my friend will be using the latest version of sonar b/c its "easy. All the while suckling on you mommy's teet.

Matt McCubase said:
..... Wait, is that your mommy calling? she needs you to stop reading the home recording BBS page and log off of your crappy dial up connection so that she can use the telephone and tell one of you aunts about how you did the cutest little thing today....

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!! :D

Sorry about that, Kgbjamin. I am not trying to instigate.

OK, McCubase...... Sonically, Cubase can't touch Sonar 3.0 with a ten (10) foot pole. :eek:

If you are going to use a Steinberg program, you would be better off learning Nuendo. :cool:

Peace...

spin

You know what...............I think.....well, I mean......umm, I had a real, real funny reply to this nonsense, but I was suddenly stricken with that familiar abdominal pressure, pain if you will, signifying the inevitable. So, rather than entertain you with my wit, wisdom, and deep concern for this particular topic, I think it's best for all involved here if I just go take a dump instead!!:D Matt McCubase (formerly known as Matt McSonar), all is forgiven. Simple mistake, but boy, you sure can fly off the handle!! Anyway, you'll have no problem figuring out whichever system you decide to go with. I mean, face it, kgbjamin posted one time in this thread, and from that you were able to determine the depth of his intelligence, his debating skills, the fact that he's a bully, his internet connection, and his apparent fetish for his mother's....................uh, I believe "teet" was the word you used. Good luck with SX, and maybe we'll pop on over to the Cubase forum once in a while to see how you're progressing. Now, if you'll excuse me, that dump is becoming more persistent!! Out

Ed

McCubase

Hey who told you I was a breast man??? My humble apologie I offer to you McCubase, you angry little man. Around here we like to have fun every now and then but some of us can't take a joke, I understand. I am very satisfied with SONAR and on a limited buget, with limited free time that doesn't allow me to dabble between the big rig sequencers like yourself. So, that might explain why I didn't understand your post here. But I still say from your heated reply Cubase seems like the program for you. Just check the Cubase forum for unhappy users and you'll fit right in with a lot of angry, stressed out users like yourself. Again I apologize for setting of your pen. Now back... BACK.. BACK!!! to the Cubase forum with the likes of you.....ACKUS:cool: :cool: :cool:

TOP TEN REASONS SONAR IS BETTER THAN CUBASE

10.The cats and chicks on this forum are way cooler than those cubase dorks.
9.You'll get whiter whites and brighter brights.
8.In a scientific study 9 out of 10 people prefered the smell of the sonar cd to the cubase cd.
7.sonar just sounds cooler than cubase...c'mon say it, s-o-n-a-r!!
6.Cubase is made by underage workers in sweatshops somewhere in N. Korea.
5.10% of all proceeds from sonar go toward finding a cure for techno.
4.If you don't buy sonar something bad will happen to someone somewhere,now you don't want that to happen....do you?
3.Music made with sonar goes great with beer!
2.It's 100% fat free!
And the number one reason to get sonar(drumroll please)....

1.Chicks dig guys with Sonar!

ACKUS!

OK, once and for all, I posted this thread here purely by accident. When i went to post my original message i clicked the Cakewalk forum which is above the Cubase forum.

Second i am not an angry little man but rather wanted my chance to prod back at all the ACKUS nerds on this page that were giving me a rough time.

Personally, i couldnt care which platform anyone on here thinks is better, i have used all 3 versions of sonar prior to having cubase sx2 and feel as though Cubase is best for me. I only wanted to really know what the differences were between protools and cubase. Since everyone was talking about sonar being such a sonically good platform. And there are some really good recordings made with cubase too. Check out the german band oomph!!! Their song Augen Auf was made entirely with cubase.

Anyway, make fun of me, i am not frustrated or angry, i am just smarter than all of the cakewalk users because i know how to run a platform that is like a woman and needs time to be gently cohearsed into making something beautiful. While the sonar guys are all nerds who make good sounding ultra quick demos while only getting a vist from Rosie Palm and here 5 sisters.

And its all becuase of, thats right you guessed it, louder i still cant hear you..............................................ACKUS!!!!!!

p.s. what the F@#K does ackus mean? And by the way i am sorry too if anyone got offended, really just joking here. In all seriousness. whatever platform you decide to use is ultimately up to what you like and what you can use well.

Man....I might have to take back what I said about you being able to figure things out. You want the most sophisticated recording platform, learning curve and all, yet you can't even work your way around the search feature of a bbs. Hmmmmmmmmmm.......you might consider sticking with Sonar like the rest of us lunkheads in here. ;)

ed

and by the way, it's true..................ACKUS!!!!!

Well, sometimes it's kinda fun to lay in wait for unsuspecting prey, look for that slightest of slip-ups, then POUNCE!!! It's hard to resist when they get all pee'd off like that!! I did it a long time ago, and I got reamed for it!! It's all part of the game. Of course, saying that you're not saying anything else still pushes this stupid thread right back to the top again!!!! It never ends!! hahaha...........ACKUS!! :D :D :D

ed

Back