Cubase not playing the visible track?

scrubs

Not of sound mind
I've seen this problem mentioned a couple of times, but I don't recall an answer being presented. Sometimes when playing back a recorded track, Cubase (Cubase SE 1.07) will not play the most recently recorded track that is visible but, instead, plays a previous take that is underneath. This seems to happen to me more when doing looped recording, or when cutting/pasting parts from multiple takes together. It becomes very frustrating from an editing standpoint.

The only partial solution I've found is to shut down the program and restart. Clicking on the track and selecting "To Front" does nothing, since the track I want to hear is already on top - it's just not being played.

Anyone else encountered this and/or have a "fix" for it? Thanks!

scrubs said:
I've seen this problem mentioned a couple of times, but I don't recall an answer being presented. Sometimes when playing back a recorded track, Cubase (Cubase SE 1.07) will not play the most recently recorded track that is visible but, instead, plays a previous take that is underneath. This seems to happen to me more when doing looped recording, or when cutting/pasting parts from multiple takes together. It becomes very frustrating from an editing standpoint.

The only partial solution I've found is to shut down the program and restart. Clicking on the track and selecting "To Front" does nothing, since the track I want to hear is already on top - it's just not being played.

Anyone else encountered this and/or have a "fix" for it? Thanks!

Yep, happens to me all the time. I just cut and delete anything that is behind it. Or, move it to another track and mute it.

I've experienced this also, I have no idea why. It happnes when I'm doing a bunch of takes over the same part. Really frustrating. I found that if I start recording a new part after the start point of the previous take, it helps to manage the tracks. Then at least I can easily select the part I need and "bring it to front"

I'm not sure about LE, but in SX you can right click on a part and move it to the front or back, which should affect which one actually plays. I have this problem from time to time in SX and moving it to front usually fixes it.

Not at my DAW so I'm not sure of the actual labels, but you can expand the lanes that have multiple takes on one track... in the project window there's a button that looks like 3 little boxes together [][][] (I think). Not sure which setting is which without looking at it, but if you click that and expand the height of the track you should see each track on a separate lane. The one that plays is highlighted.... then you can split & mute & other fun stuff... build a comp track on one track.

Back