cubase le5 question?

jiff 41

An Ex Tractor Fan
HI, question for cubase guru's,, i've tried everything except swearing & throwing things to get cubase to see independence free in the vst folder, but it will not, it works as a standalone so there's no probs with the install, i put it in reaper (which i'm trying on eval & i'm very impressed, & it works) i'm liking reaper more every day, i had cubase bundled with alesis IOexpess so i'm trying it as well, but everything with cubase costs, reaper is a one off payment, anyway can anyone help? I LOVE THIS SITE!!.

Independence is a VSTi instrument program right? Open an Instrument track, select Independence from the dropdown menu, and go. Do you see it there?

no, everything else is there, i even tried clearing the search path for vst 's except for inde free but nothing!

Make sure that the dll file for the plug is in your VSTPlugins folder. You can also check to see if it was 'blacklisted' for some reason. That happens quite a bit with free plugs in Cubase. Trashing your preferences might help, if nothing else does.

i don't know how to if it's blacklisted?, but just tried clearing vst preferances, did'nt work, what i did try is what i did before was opened up the vst folder, & clicked on inde free, & it opens up & works inside the folder, but alas that's not in cubase, just in the vst folder!!

Well, I don't speak German, so I was not able to download and figure out what is wrong. Is there a different download for the plugin? It kind of sounds like you don't have the VST version or something. I'm confused here myself...

it is a puzzle alright!, as i say it works in reaper & very well, the drum sound is just what i wanted, but i was very surprised by the bass guitar, & i have'nt really gone much further, but for a free sampler i think it's amazing, on the top of the yellow tools page there is an english option but it's a bit of a swine to get through it all, & takes forever to d/l but it is worth it! IF it works but hey ho fight the good fight & all that,, thanks very much any way jimmy, i'll keeep @it.

K, I have it downloading now. I'll see what I can figure out for ya. :)

After all, it is Independence day in the US. :)

My lord, that is a bunch to download! It seems to work fine for me in LE5. Still uploading the samples, but Independence free opens up as a VSTi. When you installed it, did you put it in the correct folder? I need to know what system you are running. Windows, the 'Independence Free.dll' file should be under Program files (x86 if running 32-bit) >Steinberg>Cubase LE 5>VstPlugins.

I cant post the file here. You would have to PM me your email addy. Just search for it, copy it, then place it in the right folder. It should just work man. :)

i'm windows xp, on a dell laptop which is'nt on line, i've only been doing this a short while, my wife had a lappy from work that was not in use & asked me if i wanted it so, but this is our shared pc with w7, 64 this is the one with reaper on but i love the lappy with cubase, so i thought i'd try inde free on it, i'm learning both @ same time!!, & loving it, i have'nt worked for a while thru arthritis,so money is tight that's why i can't see me going any further than le5 with cubase, but reaper could be a xmas presi, & then?

ok, i'm well impressed, chuffed,& i owe you a thousand thank you's,& a few beers, right as if i'm not struggling enough with new tecno stuff, life was a lot easier when i had vol, treb, bass & that's it, where did you get the dll file from, how come i did'nt get one, & why does it work in reaper as is?, & now in cubase it's brilliant!!!, the root folder was in the vst folder, & the installer, but where did I go wrong, not that i won't go wrong again!!! again thank you jimmy..

Last edited:
Right on man, I'm glad you got it going.

There was a place in the installer that asked where to place the dll file. The default may have been correct for Reaper, but not for Cubase.

Enjoy! :D

Back