cubase le4 and vsti

philsimpkin22

Sorry to bother you all but yesterday I installed a vsti synth into my cubase LE 4. I managed eventually to get it in the correct directory and indeed have been able to launch it and play. Problem is after a short while and whilst trying to listen to the available sounds I get crackling noise and also loss of sound, I am also experiencing after this occurance a problem that when I play notes they are not triggering straight away and there is a short delay before the sound plays.

Any suggestions on the problem and cure would be gratefully received.

Thanks in advance,

Phil

Sorry I missed this post.

This is what happens when your computer is not either powerful enough, or setup correctly, to handle the task of running a CPU hungry VSTi.

What system and OS are you running phil?

Hello Jimmy

Thank you for the reply. I have a Compac presario laptop with Windows XP media edition. I do get high CPU message appearing momentarily from time to time. I only use this computer for music and I do have plenty of memory available. However I am not brilliant with the inner workings of a computer so I wouldn't know if it was set up incorrectly or not. I appreciate anything you can tell me. It is really frustrating as I it took me a while to get to grips with the cubase but since, I have used it with some success recording guitars and drums. I was looking for more instrumentation as what I have is limited. As soon as I have something to experiment with, yet another technical problem !!! Look forward to anything you can tell me,

Phil.

Hello Jimmy

Thanks for the link. Had a quick look and it looks like it could be good. Not had a chance to try it out yet due to work committments and no time but will give it a go during this week.

Thanks again man,

Phil.

Back