Cubase LE vs. N-Track

Village Idiot

The Love Butler
Have Cubase LE bundled in with my new Firepod.

But I have loved using N-Track...

Any good reason to use the Cubase LE instead?

VI

Just depends on which one works best for you...

Personally, there is nothing wrong with using more than one type of hammer to drive a nail. Or as my Dad used to say, "You can never have TOO many tools..."

I'm a long-time N-Track user but was unhappy with the way 4.0 was going; too many early release bugs and was not happy at the way some VSTi's were not working well with it. So I went out and got a copy of CubaseSE (same as your LE version).

I will continue to use N-Track but find that now I have "another hammer in the toolbox."

One nice thing about making a switch to Cubase is that you will have a firm upgrade path should you need it. Not to mention that Cubase is a very complete and widely accepted application should you need portability and to integrate in other places. Also, with so many Cubase users out there there is a wealth of free information and help available. Other than that, if N-track does what you need it to do and you are happy with it, then that may be enough of a reason to stay with N-track.

Bigsnake00 said:
I dont know if n-track will support recording of simultaneous tracks....you should check that out first

Wrong-O, snake.... N-Track will record as many tracks as you can have inputs. We have a number of users on the N-Track board that are simultaneously recording over a dozen tracks at a time.

There is no limit on input or output.

TimOBrien said:
.... We have a number of users on the N-Track board that are simultaneously recording over a dozen tracks at a time.

There is no limit on input or output.

This is true. Myself being one of them.
I track live gigs now and then consisting of 18 simultaneous tracks.

N-Track is also not the only weapon in my arsenal but for what it is, it works very well. It would be nice if Flavio would add support for importing/exporting OMF and broadcast wave.
I too am still using version 3.3, though I'm registered for version 4 also. I'll wait till 4 matures a bit more before relying solely upon it.

i used ntrack 3.3... but i had problems with it on my new computer. anyways, now i have like... ntrack (bought)... cakewalk 9 (came w/ q10)... guitar tracks pro (i believe same thing but came with gnx4)... and ive used adobe audition a lot as well.

some people may like having 'lots of tools' but i just want to find a program that works great for me and stick with that! since i have cakewalk 9 im thinking about going the sonar 4 route (i think all the benefits of sonar 4 would be worth it... as well as just not looking at the archaic eyesore of a user interface.)

I bought a firepod today - haven't use it yet so I am going off of hearsay from the "salesman" at guitar center.

Apparently Cubase LE only supports recording 2 tracks simultaneously (and also only supports 48 tracks...I am not sure if SE supports more?)

Regardless SE != LE. Though for the most part they are similar.

I was tempted to buy SE but I figured I would play around with the freebie for a little bit and decide what I wanted to invest in. Need to look at N-Track too.

Though for $100 Cubase SE looks really nice.

Back