Cubase LE users

Tonyjava

Help. I am truly an amatuer and I need a mic for my work. I am using the Cubase LE and the Tascam US122 on a PC based home recording system. I need a condenser mic that will be primarily for vocals. Vocal range will cover the whole spectrum from a high soprano to a low bass and everything in btwn including persussion. What is the best mic compatible with the Cubase LE? Plse help , you guys are great !
TONE

Compatability is really not an issue at all... Whether you're using Sonar, Cubase, ProTools, etc. a mic will sound like a mic. It really all just depends on how much you want to spend on it, and then it has a little more to do with the preamp you match it with. ;)

Yup, mic compatibility with software is a non-issue. Now, getting a single mic that will work well for all types of voices/instruments is another issue altogether. It will greatly depend on your budget, but I would suggest looking for a mic with a relatively neutral/flat sound across frequencies. At $200, the CAD M179 is a good buy. For about $400, you can get into the Audio Technica AT4050. Both are fairly clean, neutral sounding mics with multiple patterns that can be used on vocals, acoustic instruments, percussion, etc.

Back