Cubase LE & Lexicon Alpha: Distorted Playback!!

hugocat

Hey all -

I'm using Cubase LE with a new Lexicon Alpha, and have a problem that's got me completely clueless.....

I installed the Alpha and Cubase fine, everything worked for a week or two, and then suddenly playback became very distorted. It records 100% through the Alpha, and if I export the recording as a WAV then it plays fine on my other software (Audacity or Reaper). However when I try to play anything back from Cubase, I get HORRIBLE digital static and distortion, so bad I can hardly hear any of the recording.

I uninstalled and re-installed the Alpha drivers: the interface works perfectly with other recording software. It's clearly not a problem with the recordings or with the interface (it's the same through any of the output sockets including the headphones). I'm using a PC with Windows XP.

I could re-install Cubase if anyone thinks I have to, but I'm trying to avoid that because I found the whole license thing such a nightmare to get through.

Any help would be appreciated!!!!!
Thanks
J

I only know Mac... on mine I'd want to make sure that all my gear was set to the same sample rate and sync'd ok... but if that's ok I'd probably re-install Cubase.

Back