Cubase Latency Issue

EZWriter

I have Cubase 4.5.2 running Windows 7 and it seems to work pretty well except for the latency. No way I can record voice on one track and guitar on another. I have to record both on the same track. I can get away with another track for harmonica and lead, but trying to slip in another guitar or even harmony I run into real issues. It came set on 2048 which gives me a pretty darned large 325 ms for input and 82 for output. Even bringing it down to 1024 only halves that input so that the difference if barely discernible to the ear. If I go to 512 I'm still over 80 for input and then I almost immediately run into clicking issues. The Asio DirectX that comes with the Cubase doesn't seem to support Direct Monitoring (the checkbox remains grayed out) is there another Asio I can download or some other fix? This is a real problem.

Thanks for your help.

Sorry. It's a Yamaha Audiogram 6. I tried downloading an ASIO 2.4 something that sounded great (except for the beep in the demo program). It automatically cut my latency to like 11 ms but that still wasn't enough to allow me to do harmony without the echo (and now that I've removed it I can't get rid of the beep every thirty seconds even when Cubase is closed!). I know I must be doing something wrong. I just can't figure out what it is.

Back