Cubase latency again!!!! HELP!!!!

c_r_a_z_y

Hey! Once again it is a friedns dreaded PC that is messing up with cubase. (I never have these problems on my mac ha ha ha ha)

Any way, can any one hlep??

A friend of mine has got cubase and instal;led it on his PC which has a athlon+ processor.

When recoirding thier is a weird sort of latency happening, theres not rly a a latency when recording but more of a delay, you hear the actualy sound and then u keep hearing it agian and again for some un know reason!!!!

Can any one help please before I murder a PC!!!

Cheers!

Its these piece of shit pcs with their windows operating systems.
Tell him to throw it out the window and replace it with a mac. I am getting ready to do the same, should never have let myself be talked into buying this piece of crap.

Wow, you mean Mac's don't have latency? Well, shoot - maybe I should go out and get me one o' them :rolleyes:

While I'm not in the Mac-only-PC-haters club:rolleyes: it sounds to me as though your friend is double-monitoring (direct and through the software). To remedy this, he'd have to find the monitoring button on the VST mixer channel (strangely marked with an "M"), and click it once with the mouse, effectively disabling it.

Incidentally, this would have to do with knowing how to use one's software and not-so-much the platform he's using.

Usually, I steer clear of the ol' sarcasm bandwagon, but it's been a bad week :mad: sorry :)

Lets see, alesis QS8 and my old mac, plug in a serial chord and tell the keyboard I am communicating with a mac and voila, Im in buisness.
QS8 and 650mhz with 386 ram and I cant get the goddamn thing to communicate, tried for hours and hours, finally gave up and went back to the old mac.
Mac, he never locks up on me, never been to the hospital,
PC, constant problems, been to the hospital twice.
Just my exp. w/pcs
I wasnt in that club until I bought this piece of crap with its ripped off non working operating system.:D

I do understand that. It's a trade-off. PC folks trade off some level of stability for larger mainstream availability and support. I won't deny that Macs are generally more stable, and I hate having to use Microsoft products just like everybody else, but it's a choice I'm willing to make. I don't know a single person who actually owns a Mac, and I'd be in no-man's land. There's maybe 1/25th of the sofware available for Macs. Mac's just not right for me.

I do, however, use my QS6 (smaller version of yours) with a serial cable and have no problems at all. I mostly use SoundDiver to tweak presets, but I transfer samples and the whole 9. If Mac's the way to go for you, I wish you luck, but it sounds like you may have gotten a lemon of a PC.

c_r_a_zy:

I think I know what you're referring to. It's when you're monitoring the audio for a track you're recording -- right? Let's say you already have the drum track, and you're ready to record the bass. So there you are, ready to record the bass track. But when you start playing, the sound you're trying to monitor is almost a full second behind you. But miraculously, when you play the track back, everything fits in time. Am I right?

I had this exact problem with my system when I first started using Cubase. I found out that the soundcard I was using didn't have dedicated ASIO drivers. So, I was using whatever the default setting was for the "ASIO Device" in the Audio System Setup. I eventually upgraded my soundcard, and no longer have a problem.

If you click "Help" in the Audio System Setup window, it will give you a brief description about the monitoring latency. In so many words, it tells you that if you don't have decent ASIO drivers written specifically for your soundcard, you're better off just monitoring the sound live through an external mixer -- which is what I had to do for the better part of a year.

Last edited:
Where do you get support for windows without paying for it?
Unfortunately, most of us are left with the dreaded Microsoft site. There's a ton of info out there, but much of it is cryptic, moronic, and contradictive. Usually you're better off talking to people you know or by posting on sites (even like this one). If it's a problem with a particular piece of hardware or software, usually manufacturer sites are easier to get results from.

Looking at your post count, I'd imagine you've helped a lot of people - I'm sure somebody'd be more than willing to help you out.

Back