Cubase Karaoke

bigtom

Can cubase 4 remove vocals from an imported cd. I have the ask videos and I swear I saw that listed somewhere in there but after 2 days of searching I can't find it again. I've looked in the manuel and can't find anything there either. In the ask dvds they only mentioned it, they did not go in to great detail. Any help would be great. Thanks Big Tom

Removing vocals from a song is nearly impossible, its a myth. BUT, you can use EQ to lessen the vocals in songs by notching out certain frequencies. This will obviously hurt the audio and the song won't really sond right.

This is how it's usually done:

Split your stereo track into two mono ones (Left and Right).

Now, flip the phase on one of the mono tracks - now mix them down into a single *MONO* output (I mean pan them both straight up the middle), and everything that was panned straight up the middle during the song's mixdown will be gone (kick, snare, bass, and Vocals).

It sounds pretty much....like crap afterwards - but that's really how karaoke machines and karaoke software "magically" remove vocals from a stereo audio track. Of course - any vocals that weren't panned straight up the middle will still be there (backup vocals, or reverb/delay on lead vocal).

To compensate afterwards, for there being like....no bass anymore - just EQ some bass into it....or whatever. Play around - good luck!

Back