Cubase Flunkie

Drsilver420

Ok, here it goes. I have all the tracks I need recorded. Then I stop for the night. Try and start it up again the next day, and the sound drops out or is choppy.? I have no idea, is it the way I save it?
Thanks in advance for any help.

...shouldn't be. Sounds like a driver/plugin/ASIO configuration problem (that narrows it down doesn't it :D )

I'd start with making sure all your other audio works okay (in different programs). If it does, try going into ASIO control panel and go through all the configuration hell in the manual.

If that's no good, try removing all the plugin effects from your project, re-save and try it again. If it works, you've got a plugin problem.

If that's no good, post all your specs (computer, OS, Cubase version, etc...) and we'll try to help you figure it out.

Thanks I will try all that first...LOL I just had my computer in the shop to have all the bugs worked out. So I am guessing that it is not my drivers, as for ASIO??? How do I get to the control panels? I am using Cubase5.1 on a AMD processor, I have 256 RAM, and a Sound Blaster Audigy Platinum Sound card with all the fixin's...LOL Just read the newbie post, so I thought this might help...LOL Thanks Again.

I'm a bit rusty on Cubase, but it's in a pull down menu. Something like Tools, Options/Audio Setup, ASIO Configuration or ASIO Control Panel. Something like that.

Once you're there, you'll probably want to try to "Auto Detect" your ASIO settings and give that a try first. After that, you'll want to go through the steps in the manual (ASIO configuration can get pretty crazy).

Back