Cubase. drops,clicks and pauses

justadrummer

I upgraded fro Cubase le to Essential 4 soley because i needed to record more than 8ch at a time. Two firepods in series, even shen i try to record my 7 channels for my drum kit, it will pause during the track for a milsec. playback is the same. i have 1.4ghz processor with 2g of ram. onboard sound card dissabled... trying to run latency a 2ms.. or .2 ms.. whatever the lowest setting allowed is.. thanks in advance for any input..

not my best subject here so take with the proverbial grain... you may be trying to run it too low... does the interface havean asio driver that computes the best latency acheivable??? if so let it decide where to set the buffers etc... also there's other places you might be getting some problems if you're experiencing dropouts... for instance do you have a second drive to record your audio to???? that can really be a big problem if ya dont (somewhat limiting for # of trks)... if you're recording to the system drive then the prog has to give time to windows to do house keeping chores.... make sense???

I upgraded fro Cubase le to Essential 4 soley because i needed to record more than 8ch at a time. Two firepods in series, even shen i try to record my 7 channels for my drum kit, it will pause during the track for a milsec. playback is the same. i have 1.4ghz processor with 2g of ram. onboard sound card dissabled... trying to run latency a 2ms.. or .2 ms.. whatever the lowest setting allowed is.. thanks in advance for any input..

Why are you running latency so low? Are you trying to monitor through cubase? Aren't the FirePods capable of direct monitoring?

Back