Cubase 7 rocks my world!

Mo Facta

Farts of Nature
Just wanted to say that. Why? Besides the kickass new mixer design, the strip is pretty damn useful. It basically negates having to look to plugins for 90% of my processing. And you know what? The saturation and tube compressors ACTUALLY DISTORT LIKE ANALOGUE PROCESSORS. No more looking to plugins to add harmonic distortion. I'm totally sold on it, if you couldn't tell.

Haven't delved too deep into it yet but for the most part, it's as familiar as previous versions but infinitely more versatile. I also like the spectrum analyzer in the EQ section. I also like the new navigation and layout of the mixer. Very nice!

Incidentally, I found out how to do something that's been bugging me forever. Does anyone else have an issue with the mixer having to stay within the global Cubase window? It bugged me forever and stopped me from having a vertical dual monitor setup. Finally I found out that you need to right click the mixer and select "Always on top" to move it outside the global window. WOO HOO.

Cubase, you're the best.

Cheers :)

That's exactly how I felt after upgrading.

I felt like I had rejoined the cult, other DAWs don't even tempt me.

Incidentally, I found out how to do something that's been bugging me forever. Does anyone else have an issue with the mixer having to stay within the global Cubase window? It bugged me forever and stopped me from having a vertical dual monitor setup. Finally I found out that you need to right click the mixer and select "Always on top" to move it outside the global window. WOO HOO.

Cubase, you're the best.

Cheers :)
Thanks for the tip.

I upgraded to 7 a week ago. I go to my Halion Synthesizer and try to pull up some of the VST sounds (like keyboard, piano, etc.). I keep getting the message that it failed. Does anyone happen to know if I have to go back and install something additional (library)?

Other than that, I'm loving the program.

I upgraded to 7 a week ago. I go to my Halion Synthesizer and try to pull up some of the VST sounds (like keyboard, piano, etc.). I keep getting the message that it failed. Does anyone happen to know if I have to go back and install something additional (library)?

Other than that, I'm loving the program.

I would uninstall & re-install it & see.

...other DAWs don't even tempt me...

Me neither.

After being with Sonar since Studio 6, and upgrading each time all the way to X2a Producer, I bought Cubase 7 in June and now have passed on Sonar's X3 upgrade and have officially made Q7 my DAW of choice. :guitar:

I upgraded to each version/update since Cubase 5. I started having issues with Cubase 7 and decided to try the delete Cubase and reinstall approach. 7.2 ISO full installer, followed by the 7.06 update. Deleted preferences folder for all Cubase versions. Guess what?

Friggen amazing! Half of the features were not even working right before! Steinberg should make it clear that the update installers are missing something. Either from them, or something to do with the computers setup they are running on.

I now would highly recommend fresh install of Cubase 7, then the update. Probably again when 7.5 comes out. Though, that would be a whole new '$$' installer huh? I'll buy it. :)

I suppose that 7.5 is a good accurate guess, since the last version was 6.5, huh?

Any guess when that might be?

And what they might offer/improve Jimmy?

I suppose that 7.5 is a good accurate guess, since the last version was 6.5, huh?

Any guess when that might be?

And what they might offer/improve Jimmy?

Who knows man. Likely the next version may be a 'paid' upgrade. They just raised the price of upgrades from earlier versions. That seems to happen before they release a full upgrade to the final version. I really don't care myself. I am a devoted Cubase user, and a few bones don't bother me to upgrade.

I am one who never experienced much issue with the early versions of C7. Other than the complete disregard for saving mixer channel settings at first, most issues were just specialized things that didn't affect me so much in my day to day use of Cubase. Some annoying things, but nothing that made me want to lash out like so many have done. The new mixer and new features made me feel like I had the best toy I ever got for Christmas. Now, it is more of a 'how did I ever get by without this' kind of thing.

Obviously I am biased, as this is my favorite DAW...

I hear ya'.

It's quickly become my favorite of my 3 DAWs as well, which I only use this one now.

Enjoying the learning curve quite a bit, which isn't hard at all.

Satisfied customer here too. Cubase 7.06 runs flawlessly on my Quad set-up.

I agree the channel strip is great. It really has everything I need for most things right there. The tape saturation on a vocal harmony buss is beautiful.

Cubase 7 is by far the best audio recording experience I've ever had. Great job Steinberg!

Satisfied customer here too. Cubase 7.06 runs flawlessly on my Quad set-up.

I agree the channel strip is great. It really has everything I need for most things right there. The tape saturation on a vocal harmony buss is beautiful.

Cubase 7 is by far the best audio recording experience I've ever had. Great job Steinberg!

Nice!

I'll have to try that Tape Satch on the harmony bus as well!

Thanks for the tip.

Back