Cubase 7 and Lexicon Alpha (again!)

mjmooney

Sigh... I seem to be in Groundhog Day, as I had this problem a few months ago, thought I'd solved it, but it's back again.

I recently upgraded (sic) my laptop from Win 8 to Win 10, with the inevitable small teething troubles. Most seem to be resolved, but coming back to my recording setup, I've got an issue again.

I'm using Cubase 7 Elements and a Lexicon Alpha audio interface. When I play sounds on my computer (e.g. YouTube, etc.), everything is fine. But Playing back my recordings in Cubase, I can see the blue bars going up and down, but silence from the speakers. I've tried various configurations in the Device Setup window, but nothing seems to work.

What can I be doing wrong?

Mike

Can 'o' worms Mike!
I had a similar problem with my M-A 2496 card and W10* On first install, radio and other stuff played ok so I thought "whoopee!" but soon found that Cubase El 6 would not. There is no W10 ASIO driver for the card but I installed the latest driver I could find, re installed Cubase and it worked....until I tried to close the Cubase project when I found it wouldn't. I have given up wasting time on W10 for now. Reaper seems happy though?

You could try ASIO4ALL. If you put "Lexicon Alpha W10 driver in Google you will see that there seems to be no solution I fear. Many, many people are hissed off about this situation with all sorts of hard and softwares.

*I have just one of 5 machines with W10. It is little used now. I shall convert no more.
Dave.

Back