Cubase 5 vocal cracking?

ozymay

I am mixing my bands recording and I am not clipping at all but am hearing some cracking noises in the vocal tracks.
I am not sure why this is happening.. when I play the vocal tracks on there own they do not crack. It probably is something simple that I am just over looking but I have no idea what it is.

any suggestions would be cool.

Thanks

Sounds like you are probably overburdening your CPU. Have you looked at CPU usage? Crackling usually happens when you've got a lot of plug ins going that use up CPU like reverbs.

Yea this sounds like your cpu usage is too high. Try closing any processes that are not needed. Check the internet for which processes are not needed and then stop them from running. You can make a new user for your studio, then only have the computer open the applications (at start up) that are necessary for recording and Mixing.

Do not have any browsers open when recording and mixing as they take up a lot of cpu, and also if you don;t use the internet while recording and mixing then you can turn off your firewall and internet security.

G

A detailed description of your setup could help. System specs, interface, recording drive etc... :)

Back