Cubase 5 Exporting!!!!!

Dat_Nigga_Pari

For Mp3 idk if i should export 320? or what it never sounds as good as it does in the mixing stage . the export sounds so weird

'Sounding weird' says a lot, but isn't very descriptive. 320 is the best resolution you'll get from an MP3. I'd say most people couldn't tell the difference between 320 and a 24bit/44.1khz wav file. Any lower bitrate MP3 will sound worse than 320.

I notice a difference from the master bus mix and from an exported file. I think Steinberg does something on the master bus to bump up the volume or do some kind of background limiter function.

Isn't Cubase 5 restricted to 20 MP3's? Did you have to buy an MP3 upgrade patch or something? I export out from Cubase to a wav file and then convert to MP3 in wavelab. I could never get the MP3 export to work from Cubase. I think you have to buy something.

I'm using Cubase 6 and have no problem exporting MP3's. I also had no problem using C4 before I did the upgrade. Maybe an issue with C5?

Full versions of Cubase include the MP3 converter. Think $16 for limited versions to get the license.

I myself have never had any issue with MP3 export since Cubase 5.

Ohh, didn't know that. or maybe I did and didn't pay attention. I use the Artist version and you have to pay for the encoder. Lame. (pun intended :) )

Yeah, I always thought it kinda lame too. A silly incentive to buy a full version. I never got credit for purchasing after upgrade from LE. Must be a German thing. Wait, I'm of German descent...Hmm...

try converting using the franhoufer codec, set it for highest quality, 320kbps also make sure the output is no louder -0.5dBFS on the peaks and it might sound less weird.

320 = the highest quality you can get with mp3, if you want to save some file space you can go for lower but it could alter the quality of your mix :)

Back