Cubase 5 clipping noises

Roger Syze

Hi guys,

Using Cubase 5 and I´m really new to this kind of software.

I had a lot of vocal to mix so I wanted to copy the effects of one vocal to multiple vocals to save time instead of putting mannually the same effects 1 by 1.

I went to the mixer and selected the "e" icon where the effects are and control+C´d/control+V´d the original one to the empty ones sucessfully copying the effects BUT... After that all my vocals started clipping with strange noises and in one case it slowed/distorted the tempo.

Does anyone knows why is that? or another sucessfull way of applying a set of effects to multiple sound tracks?
I dont have much free time so this would be gold to me.

regards,

Roger

PS: yes, I silenced the spaces between pieces of vocals

can you check your cpu usage it sounds to me like your computer is doing too much press f12 when those strange clips happen and see if all of your memory is used, this could (might) be fixed changing the buffer size

Ok man , thanks . Ill try that next time ill work on that project.

It´s a possibility , tough the pc is new and I only use it to record and editing songs It´s really a lot of vocals and the copying process to all of them could be "overcharging" the pc.

Thanks a lot for your time and help man. :)

can you check your cpu usage it sounds to me like your computer is doing too much press f12 when those strange clips happen and see if all of your memory is used, this could (might) be fixed changing the buffer size

It was exactly this! Kinda simple but for someone who never had much contact with this type of software... well xD
1000 Thanks Vigo ;)

Roger

Back