cubase 5 and saffire pro 40 digital optical cable output to surround sound amp

arniet800

Hi, I have been using my focusrite saffire pro 40 for home recordings but i have been using the headphone socket with my in ear monitors. my in ear monitors are now dead and i need to work on my project so i need to set up the pro 40 with my surround sound in the living room. I've quite literally been messing around trying to get it working for days now. I'm using cabase 5, I have plugged in the digital optical cable to the saffires output and in my surround sounds input. the surround sound is set on the right channel but no sound. all i read online is ADAT this and ADAT that but whatever selection i make on the saffires mixer it doesnt seem to work. please in layman's terms help me before i lose the will to live. thanks.

Screen Shot 2013-12-12 at 17.44.48.png

Hey there Arniet,

At a guess without knowing what's on the other the end, most 5.1 users have a Saffire Mix Control setup like the image I have attached. How does yours look in comparison? Can I have some more detail or perhaps you can get back to me with a screenshot?

All the best,
Miles

I'm using a pro 40 with optical cable out to DVD/blu ray player with 5.1.
Does this mix control setup apply?
I can't seem to output to the player - not sure about the routing. The mix control default routing set ups don't output to the optical out on the sapphire.

Hey there,

Yes, it should be an identical setup as mentioned above - have you been able to try this?

It could also come down to the software you are playing back from it's settings as well as what your sending ADAT to. Are you able to ellaborate on your setup?

All the best,

Miles

Back