Cubase 4 & Windows Vista?

msmales555

Does Cubase 4 work with Windows Vista? I'm about to buy a new computer but I wanted to make sure that it works with my program of choice before buying.

Additionally, has anyone used the Firestudio Tube with Vista?

cubase is good to go with vista... the problem it seems is more a matter of are vista compatable drivers available for your devices???? check with your manufacturers websites... or just dont go there... MS has already announced the end of vista and a new windows is on the horizon... it's supposedly being built based on XPpro64...

cubase is good to go with vista... the problem it seems is more a matter of are vista compatable drivers available for your devices???? check with your manufacturers websites... or just dont go there... MS has already announced the end of vista and a new windows is on the horizon... it's supposedly being built based on XPpro64...

:rolleyes:

I'm sorry but that is FUD. Windows 7 will be built off of vista just like xp was built off of 2k which was built off of NT. Vista64 is based off of XP64 already, Vista32 is based on (and almost identical too) XP32.

To the OP, find out which version of vista you will have. If it is the 32bit version, no worries, everything will run fine. If it is Vista64, things will be a little murkier since not everyone has 64bit drivers available. Vista64 will run 32bit apps just fine (which C4 is) but all the benchmark guys have pretty much shown that DAWs take a pretty serious performance hit on 64 so stick to 32 bit vista if you can.

I have been running c3 on vista SP1 without any problems whatsoever since sp1 came out and I switched to vista. There are already manufactures out there that are releasing WaveRT drivers for their hardware which are designed to run at the lowest possible latencies (lynx is one) and that coupled with Vista's MM processor scheduling will make for a serious DAW platform, dont worry.

Last edited:
Oops. My apologies, it is pro64. My point was that there is only one version of XP64 and it is the basis for the 4 versions of Vista64

:rolleyes:

I'm sorry but that is FUD. Windows 7 will be built off of vista just like xp was built off of 2k which was built off of NT. Vista64 is based off of XP64 already, Vista32 is based on (and almost identical too) XP32.

boy this is one of those times i wish i had bookmarked everything i have ever read....:rolleyes:

try this place.... http://www.rainrecording.com/ they keep a comprehensive list of available drivers etc... and have been very active in testing/evaluating vista... cant swear to it but beleive they may be the source of some of my other misunderstoods....:rolleyes::rolleyes:

boy this is one of those times i wish i had bookmarked everything i have ever read....:rolleyes:

try this place.... http://www.rainrecording.com/ they keep a comprehensive list of available drivers etc... and have been very active in testing/evaluating vista... cant swear to it but beleive they may be the source of some of my other misunderstoods....:rolleyes::rolleyes:

You know, this is exactly what I am talking about. You DONT run vista, and formed your opinion based on what other people said, which I dont think is fair. I DO run vista and have put it through the grinder and based on my setup, it works perfectly fine. All my old hardware works, all my old software works, has not crashed once despite most of my hardware was made for over 8 years ago.

thanks

i ended up looking into it and Cubase Studio 4 definitely works in 32 and they are working on getting it ready for 64. I also use the Firestudio Tube and is supposed to work as well.

i've now ordered my new computer which will have vista 32 on it and i'll have it in a few days.

thanks!

You know, this is exactly what I am talking about. You DONT run vista, and formed your opinion based on what other people said, which I dont think is fair. I DO run vista and have put it through the grinder and based on my setup, it works perfectly fine. All my old hardware works, all my old software works, has not crashed once despite most of my hardware was made for over 8 years ago.

actually i came to my opinions on the subject based on the experience of other users (mostly on cubase.net) and people who are WORKING in the industry in areas where they would be exposed to the OS (beta testers and the like) and not just from those on BBS's for newbie recording... i have all kinds of credentials... but am painfully aware of my limitations (i dont write code).... i dont need to fuk dogs to know i dont want to...

I'm running a legitimate version of Cubase 4 on Windows Vista x64 and it runs fine.

Legitimate Cubase software will work on Windows Vista without any issues.

Back