Cubase 12 Pro add ons

sbrady

Downloaded Cubase 12 Pro.......everything fine
also downloaded several other items, Halion SE, Groove Agent content, Retrologue content, Padshop content etc etc etc
Now I have a Steinberg folder in my DOWNLOAD folder with all these (VST) items (30 gig)
I guess I have to drag each VST plug to where it goes in the OS so Cubase sees each one, then I can delete the Steinberg download folder.......right?

Last edited:
No. You have to use Steinberg's dedicated licencing app - this then shows you what is installed, and what you have available. You download through this, and then it installs each one. You can then access them from inside Cubase. You then can look at the plugins you have installed and they can then be dragged to dedicated folders so they appear screen right. Some won't display in the usual folder system if they're not cubase controlled but the file menu allows these to be loaded. The non-Steinberg ones will probably load via the file menu but they may not show up in the right hand side big colourful list. Things like Halion, updates and other goodies are accessed from the separate app. Cubase Pro has a new online licencing system, so needs checking every now and then to access updates. I quite like the system.

Back