Cry Baby connecting : Is there an easy way?

jelly

I use Cry Baby with Boss ME-8 multi F/X processor. From guitar --> Cry Baby --> ME-8 --> Amp . The problem is when I want to activate the crybaby i have to kick it (i mean push its button by feet , i don't know what it call , sorry :p) first and mostly I will have to use Crybaby in conjuction with a patch in ME-8. For example I have to patch in ME-8, 1 and 2. 1 is a clean tone. 2 is an overdrive which I want to use with Crybaby. Says, when I want to switch from 1 to 2 I have to tap on 2 to change patch from 1 to 2 and then tap on Crybaby to activate it. And when I want to change back to patch 1 I have to deactivate Crybaby first and then tap on 1 to change back to patch 1 again. Which I think isn't much comfortable. Is there any better way? Any suggestion? Thank you very much!

I don't have that particular Boss unit, but I did have the ME-5. In addition to configuring the built in effects, you can turn the effects loop on and off on a per patch basis. You can then stick the crybaby in the effects loop (e.g. effects send->crybaby instrument->crybaby amplifier->effects return).

This is NOT the recommended placement for a wah pedal mind you...the wah (in my opinion) likes to be first in your chain...but if you can't possibly switch the way it is then you might just make it work.

Slackmaster 2000

Back