Crush your enemies!

Whoops!

For shits & giggles, I decided to post a review of my own song on Nowhereradio. Accidentally rated it as "average." :( :rolleyes: :p

Lol, don't worry, sometime in the next couple weeks, when I finish the new revision, you'll be able to edit/delete that review.

It'll matter since the new charts will be partially based on the review ratings :)

W.

The guitar tone, for the piece, I felt was fine. Maybe you scoop the mids just a bit... but not much!

As for giving extra "beef", is that a bass guitar I hear in the tune? If so, bring that puppy up! That'll add some low end. I kept wanting to hear that kind of bass tone you get at the beginning of Tool's "Sober". A hard, pounding, sharp kimda bass tone.

Very cool song. Reminded me of early Ministry.

-Peace

Hi.
The guitar sounds fine to me, but I hate the snare! Are these real drums or MIDI? If MIDI, try replacing the snare w/ a piccolo type snare. And yeah, the bass is buried a bit too much. Also, if you haven't gotten permission to use those movie clips, I'd be careful where you play your song.

Good job,
ThreeDogg

I plain like this tune. Its plain fun.

I think the kick needs help.

The guitar tone is good, but I would like it to be balanced more. Right now, its leaning to the right.

nice job.

Lunatic and 3dog,

Point taken re bass. I may rerecord the bass to get a better tone and then boost it in the mix.

3dog and CyanJaguar,

They are sequenced drums. I agree that the snare and kick sounds need some tweaking. However, the snare actually is a piccolo snare. It is nice and bright right now, but it needs some beef. The original kit wasn't the best, so I will consider fixing the snare and kick in the new mix.

CyanJaguar,

I'll recheck the guitar balance on the new mix.

Thanks for the tips, compliments, etc.
Matt

Is that Conan?? IT can't be. It must be. What's going on here??

I got no problem With the guitars. I like the snare sound, but it might not be the best for this song.

It's cool.

-Jett

Thx Jett,

Jah, the Barbarian.

Snare gets fixed when studio goes back up in the end of January.

-B

Kick Ass!

Those drums are programmed? Awesome job!

Great guitar tone! What amp and micing techniques did you use?

The Conan references were cool. However, you could try to process them a bit to compensate for different volume levels. E.g., use a compressor.

LOL its funny.
First thing I'd do is put a load more top end on the bass to give it some puch / attack, and pull it up in the mix.
Next - make the kick a bunch heavier, and the snare as well, get rid of that thinny sound.
Next - take the guitar track, copy it - delay one of the tracks by a fraction of a second and EQ it differently, then pan them at 9 and 3 o'clock.
The voice - add some verb and a bit of delay in places.
Fuck normal, I think you should re-do the voice to get worse and worse, ending up in totally over the top "crush etc" screaming.

Hey, Love Arnold!

The guitar sounds good but a little thin. Cool tune though. A definite repeat listen.

Good job

john

I thought the guitar tone was pretty sweet!I couldn't really hear the bass guitar.I loved the approach to the vocals.Great fun!!
The drums sounded a little off the beat at times,but I didn't have a problem with the actual drum sounds.Cool stuff!

I am honored to recieve criticism from the immortal sjoko. :D All suggestions were noted with interest and will be considered when the new studio reaches completion at the end of January.

dobro, beezelbubba, B.SABBATH, sjoko:
More bass on the way.

sondriven, sjoko:
Considering delaying and panning the guitars. Either that or more layers of guitar takes for an even fuller sound!

beezelbubba:
Yeah, there were glitches in the drums. I'm hoping to fix that.

sjoko:
Planning on tweaking the snare and kick.

MegaBooger
Usead a large diaphragm _dynamic_ emulation on a SM57.

Thanks for your ears. Ah-nold helped relieve the pain of writing lyrics. ;)

-B

Back