"crowd" sound effects?

Digitech JamMan's come from the factory with a fade-in/fade-out crowd roar loaded in them. If you can't find what you want, PM me and I can send it to you as a email attachment. You may need a Digitech device to play it, tho.

I've been using freesound.org for awhile now...if you go there and search for "concert crowd" you will get some results.

Soccer anthem

I did an anthem for Partick Thistle Football Club (Scotland!) - there was a crowd chant in it. I had a stereo pair of mics and over dubbed 3 men of various ages and on women, chant the same thing but each time change position around the room. It worked quite well!

Use a DigiCam

My Digital camera has very good stereo audio and a setting for recording just audio without pics or video. Makes good WAV files to download into the computer OR just as easily I can play/record them directly from the camera's stereo audio out into my multitrack recorder. I've done quite a few excellent outdoor recordings this way.

Go to a ball game, a concert and capture a bunch of various clips. A school or local theatre play (even if you don't like the play) can be an excellent source for applause, snickers, guffaws, a wide variety of crowd reactions. Capture it all and file it for later use. If you want a 'bigger' crowd then mix multiple tracks and process them a bit. Alternatively get a bunch of friends to augment the crowd sounds with whistles, catcalls, whatever and mix those in as well.

Back