Crossover for little speakers?

Maor

Part of the Mastering process is preparing the audio to sound as best as possible on different playback devices. personally I dont use anything BUT my studio monitors to enjoy music, unless im somewhere else in public or in the car.

Regarding little speakers i want to translate to, what would be the bass crossover frequency, lets say for little standing PC Speakers?
and what about on board laptop speakers? smartphone speaker? iphone standard earbuds?

Usually i just use a linear phase EQ brickwall crossover to check bass and kick presence above certain frequencies, and im just curious as to which frequencies i should aim at..

What do you say?

I would just, you know....check the mix on those devices, rather than doing fancy smanchy tricks.

Why use crossovers and other stuff to kinda get you there.....when you can just as easily get all the way there. Everybody has PC speakers and ipod buds. It wouldn't be hard to obtain them for free or dirt cheap if you needed to check mixes on them.

I would just, you know....check the mix on those devices, rather than doing fancy smanchy tricks.

Why use crossovers and other stuff to kinda get you there.....when you can just as easily get all the way there. Everybody has PC speakers and ipod buds. It wouldn't be hard to obtain them for free or dirt cheap if you needed to check mixes on them.
That was also my answer. All of the alternative playback systems listed in the OP are so cheap that its almost silly not to just grab some and use them for reference if you're really worried about it. Head on down to the local thrift shops with like $10 and you'll be set!

Back