Critique my mix

Greykitkat36

So here's a mix of a song. No vocals yet, I'm trying to get it sounding the best it can before laying those down. Help me out. Thanks.

"The Show"
Song is attached.

Attachments

• The Show13.mp3
    5.2 MB · Views: 8
Sounded pretty good, the only thing I could pick up on was that you may want to turn up the kick and snare a little bit, they got a little buried when the song picked up

something funky going on with that kick... at first i wasnt sure what the sound was untill i noticed it happened every time the kick hit... im guessing you EQ'd the fuck out of the high end ... i'd take it down a bit. i could use some more bottom end in the mix, which again i say zero in on the kick.

Also seems like your OH's are really low in the mix..

not enough crack in the majority of the snare... when you do your fills i can hear nice crack but.

ya know the more i listen to it... are these fake drums?

A little timing gak with the guitar on the right at :04. Just a minor thing. Some more timing mistakes near the end.

I thought the guitars sounded OK. I thought the guitar on left was a little heavier and maybe louder than the guitar on the right. So the mix kind of leans to the left.

The bass is a bit indistinct. Not real bad. But there are spots where the notes are kind of mushed together.

I agree the overheads are too low.

Back