Critique mixes please (ROCK)

Impressive stuff, very good sound overall, sounds very pro.
2 days is really cool. I also liked the other tracks but that one and new day stood out.
exelent guitar work as well.

thumbs up.

I'm listening to California Wave. Vocal style isn't my cup of tea, but good for the type of music it is. It sounds like there's an unneccesary flange on the vox. I dig the accordian. Back up vox sound good. personally I'd go with more intense drums, but I guess that's a matter of production preferences.

1st song - songs kind of poppy, relaxed. Nice arrangement. I like the double vocals on the chorus. Then you have some kind of clean guitar echoing on the second verse, I'm a sucker for those. Love those... The piano is a very nice touch by the way. Is that a bit of harmonica? Alright! Then the song picks up, yeah very good song. Good job

2nd song - the intro riff sounds familiar, but really rocks. Good production, even though it's loud I still hear the piano in there. Good guitar break. Yeah good song too, not too predictable. You mix things up constantly, that always makes a song more interesting to me.

3rd song - Again, good production. You do the intro riff again later in the song, the tone sounds a little different, I like the second a bit better. As far as the songwriting goes, I like how speed things up in the middle. That's what stuck out for me as different and good.

Run Away - I can't really pinpoint it, but it sounds like there's some effect on the vocals. I'm not sure about that. I like how keep break things up with electric guitar, in all the songs. I like the little breakdown thing around 2:50, and later the voice sounds good singing with the guitar. Overall, I'm impressed with the production on all the songs, sounded good on my speaker system. The song writing is good too, not too predicable. If I had to rank the songs I'd say 2,1,& a tie between 3 & 4

Very Good overall quality sounds!

I am interested in Posting some of my songs on "My space" as well. I opened up an account but How do I upload songs? I was able to upload photos.

Thanks in advance;

Dom Franco

Did you used a pop screen on the vocal mic, because everytime you sing a word that begins with a "p" it's really boomy.

Back