Criticize my vocals please

mrdanny

Hi there, I am beginning in the world of singing and I am not convinced with my voice, also have a poor ear so I don't really know how I sing and how to improove, so I ask here for help and for criticize my vocals, I would be very grateful, well.. here it is, a cover of I'll be by Edwin McCain.

Attachments

• ill be cover.mp3
    4.7 MB · Views: 31
I highly recommend you find yourself a good teacher. You really can't teach yourself how to sing, and there are some major things that lessons will help you with like tone production, breathing, and pitch.

My advice is that you stay well within your range at first. Reaching for those high notes is tough without great air support.

I think you have some really good basics down. Definitely get a teacher who will be able to bring you up a level. My thoughts.. diction, diction, diction... meaning using the consonants and vowels correctly. Singing a combination of talking and singing (in my opinion) and if you can't understand what the person is saying... you get lost. Your diction does need some work and is very common in people who are just starting to learn.
Sing sing sing.. do it as much as you can.. but learn how to do it without hurting your vocal chords. I learned the hard way, but early enough to recover..thank God. Break a leg!!!

Back