Critic this mix please

I think that the recording is missing some high end. It sounds like the intent is to be a little understated and I get that but you may want to try a little shelving that starts pretty low perhaps 3-5k and just bump it just a couple and see if things sound a little more present. Nice song and mix.
ac

Acattoir, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment, There was alot of air in the guitar tracks that I did not hear when tracking, when I put them thru a C1 compressor in Cubase it was very loud so. At the end I put the mix thur a noise reduction plug-in which took away some of the clarity. I did boost the highs a bit in wavelab but was afraid of over doing it

The guitars were recorded with a PG58 and will have to be done again. I'll pick a condenser next time

51 listens and 1 comment speaks for itself, Thanks anyway

You should have little trouble getting a clean mix with a song as sparse as this. Instead of boosting the highs, try cutting some low mids from the guitars. They seem a little bit boomy. This may tidy up the sound without having to boost the highs.

Back