Cripple Creek on a cel recording

LazerBeakShiek

Rad Racing Team
What the hell. Plug in . Turn on. Let it go..nothing to it..thats rock n roll. its no big deal, just a cel show..

Shittiest version of cripple creek..dont even like the song.

Dips her donut in my tea' hee hee

Last edited:
what do you guys sound like recording from your cel on its basic recorder?

could you play and sing a song to show me what im doing wrong?

Glad to see you doing music and posting again Beaky!

I use a mixer with a usb out that goes directly into my iphone. I use a headphones as my monitor. I set up the iPhone and click the record button when I am "ready" to try and do aa perfect (as possible for me) live performance. With this set up I have gotten what I like to call "one shot live" recordings. Because I can hear what is being recorded as it is being recorded, I know when I need to stop and start over again cause something sounded like ass.

The devil is in the details...The mixer has effects of which I always use at least some on the vocal...in my case my keyboard is stereo and I record it as such.

One shot live are tough because ( at least for me ) I am just an average Joe player / singer....but I love playing and some people get a kick out me making a fool of myself...If I can have fun while bring a little levity into others life's all good.

I have not pushed record on the iPhone for about a year. I just played at my 70th birthday party last night with my original guitarist and drummer from the band I was in back in the late 70's...We;re old men and it was totally impromptu but damn we made my guest happy...That's fun I'll upload my buddy Dave pulling off Purple rain here...below is me doing Merry Christmas.......a few small clams / good and bad I define these terms...and the quality of the performance but the audio is acceptable...second mic is running through a harmonizer...

Run it through a mixer and listen to what you're recording...Garbage in garbage out....or Money in money out.

Recorded last night at my 70th birthday experience...Me on strings / Fat food on my 8 year old grandson's electronic drum kit...(Fatty had never played on an e-kit before) Dave's daughter recorded this with a newer iPhone the PA was 2 qsc k-10.2's fed by the same Behringer 12 channel USB mixer I use to do my home stuff....

Dave sucks... ;)

Last edited:
I never record stuff like that on my phone because my old phone was horrible. My newer one is better, but I still don't use it that way. But if I did, I wouldn't do vertical video. It does wide screen, so turn it on the side. Why use 1/3 of the frame?

Reactions: TAE
My newer one is better, but I still don't use it that way. But if I did, I wouldn't do vertical video. It does wide screen, so turn it on the side. Why use 1/3 of the frame?
Yeah if you notice the video I shot is landscape ( for youtube) and the one of the party last night was shot by a woman in her 30's who is surely planning on posting it on X or instagram where Portrait is the desired format.

I don't X, Twitter, Instagram, or TikTok. My phone screen time is about 15 minutes a day, and that's when I have to do email and texts or check the weather radar when I'm on the 5th hole tee box and the sky is getting dark!
🌧️

🏌️‍♀️

But it reminds me of recording my band on a cheap cassette tape. bootleg style..i feel that

rest of you grow some balls and let 'er rip! make me feel something...

Last edited:
OK Laser, here you go. My wife shot this video of me performing Six Days On The Road with her iPhone 8 a couple of months ago. The audio is not terrible, but in hind sight, I should have turned a little so the guitar was not straight on to the phone because it's kind of drowning me out (maybe a good thing). In my defense, I was enjoying some Jim Beam...

And I didn't think your Cripple Creek was too bad. I guess you could have a "crappiest audio challenge". I'm pretty sure we already have the top two spots.

Back