Creative MuVo N200 for Live Music Recordings?

cerulean

Anyone using the MuVo N200 for live music recordings? It seems like this with a powered mic (ie SP-PSM-4 or Sony ECM-MS908C) would work well for recording live performances to listen to for mainly analyzing what worked and what didn't work.

Anyways, anyone done something like this? Is this a good setup? If not, any recommendations on other equipment I should look at? My main criteria are the following:

1. Small and portable -- ideally self contained (battery powered)

2. Ability to listen back to recordings and quickly get them sent to other musicians -- ideally recording to mp3 and attaching them to email (no need to record to the computer, make into mp3 then send out..)

3. Ease of interface during recording -- ie between songs I could stop and start the device and it will record another mp3..

Bottom line -- I'd like to record as much of my playing as possible .. Ideally setup would be within a few minutes and I could control the unit from the keyboard/piano (ie get the mic out in front on a 10' or 20' cord) -- after recording, dump it to the computer with a simple file transfer and be off and running again.

Right now I have been using the Sony ECM-MS908C with a minidisc recorder, which works well .. but transfer time is a big issue -- no easy way to simply dump to the computer (and have to do a wav -> mp3 conversion on top of that).

Anyways .. the MuVo looked promising with its line-in input, unfortunately I have not found any info regarding it being used with an external mic nor have I found any online manuals that describe how easy recording with it is..

Thanks for any info. :)

Back