creating intro on a CD?

kubeek

I know this was discussed a while ago, but I can´t find the right search keywords so I have to ask.

In some thread someone said that it was possible to have intro on a cd in such way that when you put the cd into player, the 0th track is played, but you can´t get to it after that, so the player displays one less track than actually are on the cd.
can you please help me what thread it was, or how is it done and if it works on most players or not?
Tanks a lot

Or actually any feedback on putting intro to a cd (a non-musical rack with sounds of switching gear on etc), the delay between this and the first track should be very small.

I know this was discussed a while ago, but I can´t find the right search keywords so I have to ask.

In some thread someone said that it was possible to have intro on a cd in such way that when you put the cd into player, the 0th track is played, but you can´t get to it after that, so the player displays one less track than actually are on the cd.
can you please help me what thread it was, or how is it done and if it works on most players or not?
Tanks a lot

Or actually any feedback on putting intro to a cd (a non-musical rack with sounds of switching gear on etc), the delay between this and the first track should be very small.

You need software which will allow you to place audio in the pregrap area (between index 0 and 1) of the first track.

For more info see: http://www.cdrfaq.org/faq03.html#S3-36

You'll also need a CD burner that supports this. Which many don't. And the CD player will start from track 1, not the hidden track as you thought. You'll need to rewind the CD to hear the pre-gap track before it.

And keep in mind that there are some (PLENTY) of CD players out there that may choke completely with such discs. They are NOT compliant to specs.

Personally, I'd avoid the pre-track thing like the plague.

I'm pretty sure that as long as you have a minimum of two seconds between index 0 and index 1 on the first track you are within spec (for all other tracks it doesn't matter). That said, why do it? If it's worth hearing, make it part of the track, if it isn't, why put it on the CD?

The cd is going to be stamped for the real production, so I am not sure if the production house will accept it.

Thanks for your input, we will think about all these issues and decide what is the best.

The replicator will make you sign a waiver stating that if none of the discs play, it's not their problem.

Back