Creating A Song Help-VS-2000CD

Blackwiz

Okay, I dont have a Roland VS-2000CD yet, but I plan to get one(even if i have to get it off of Ebay) For now I have a Tascam DP-01. I just recently got interested in this whole "Recording" and I plan to go to school for it. For now, I just mess around with my little cheap toys just to experiement. Now my question is how does creating a song work? I've been wondering this in my mind forever.

Say for instance, my song goes like this.(And please respond as if I have a VS-2000Cd which has 18 playback tracks.)

I plan on using a piano(1 track), drums(2 tracks), guitar(1 track), base guitar(1 track)

Theres a 1st verse. Then a hook/bridge/chorus comes in.

So its like:

Verse 1:
Lala Blah Blah..............etc
Llalalalalaal
alalalaalala
alalalalala

Bridge:
First line to the hook
2nd line
3rd line
4th line

Now, the bridge(each line) is in 3part harmony and I want to sing it(which I guess would have to be done with 3 tracks...?) And then I want to sing over the lines in the hook.

Then the song goes into another verse.

Then it goes into the hook, I want to keep the same bridge, but I want to overdub the me singing so i sing the lines again.

Then it goes to another verse, and then to the end chorus(still keeping the 3part harmony) with me ad libbing and the song ends.

Now I know that was a lot and I dont mean to make anyone go crazy. How would I go about doing this song on a VS-2000CD? I understand there would probably be cut and pasting involved, but how would this process go, step by step(but you dont have to be deep.

Can someone help me?

Basically, how would I go about creating this? Which tracks would I layout first? Which tracks would I cut and paste to? For instance, for the 3 verses, do I keep them on the same track? Someone help me please.

Well, I figure the process would be the same for any recorder with atleast 20 tracks. My thing is how do you create the song, in general.

Back