Creating a signal chain in Sound Forge 7.0

Drummerbones

I have sound forge 7.0 but I lost the tutorial...I could probably find it on line but I thought the answer would be simple so here goes.

I'm doing some "mastering" simply for demos right now. When the album is done I will be hiring one of the fine ME's whom I've communicated with here in the forums to do the job right. That being said, in the mean time I've been trying to figure out how to build a signal chain with plug-ins in sound forge with no luck. I've had to resort to highlighting the wave, selecting...let's say "wave hammer", choose my settings, preview what it sounds like and then hitting "OK" to apply the effect. Then, the same one-at-a-time process for EQ etc. (this is merely an example, I don't actually compress first).

Can a signal chain be established and SAVED in SF so I can tweek different plug-ins as my, eh hem, "master" evolves?

I would really appreciate the help because the way I'm doing it now is a pain in the rear and it's very difficult to go back later and change something. HELP! Thanks gang!! :D

Looks like I already asked this questions last year and got the answer below. If anyone has something to add, please do. Thanks again

Drummerbones, if you're trying to use VST plugs, you need what's called a VST-to-DX wrapper program. There's a few of them out there, an internet search for "VST-to-DX" should send you in the right direction. Basically this wrapper acts like a blank plug-in frame into which you can load the VST plug-in(s) of your choice and run them as if they're regular plugs.

Read what the various wrappers offer in their different versions, though. It's been a while since I looked at what's available, but the last time I looked, some of the free versions of the wrapper only let you run a single plug per track at a time; in order to run multiple plugs on a single track, you had to buy the pro version for a few bucks.

If you want to run VST plugs without having to worry about using a wrapper, you need v8 or later of Sound Forge.

G.

I do as well, but as far as Ozone 3, I've tried the demo before and liked it but I can't justify paying for it if I can make Sound Forge work, which I already invested in. Thanks for your input though.

Geez...there's a built in plug-in chain in version 7.0 I found last night. Been doing this recording thing for 15 years and I couldn't find this before? I must be slippin'... :rolleyes:

Back