Creamware LUNA ???

fimpen

Hi!

I'm looking for a soundcard to replace my Lexicon CORE2. What I need is balanced (+4dBu) analog I/O and ADAT I/O. I need at least 16 ins and outs. For example 2 analog I/O and 2 ADAT I/O would be nice.

Is there anybody out there with any experience of Creamware LunaII ? Looks neat and it fits in my budget. But is there anything I should know before I buy one?

Any other suggestions for a soundcard?

Thank you!

/fim

what exactly do you like about the Creamware card? It may or may not be the best way to go. ;)

what exactly do you like about the Creamware card? It may or may not be the best way to go.

I've never tried it so I don't know if I like at all. However, it has 2 analog I/O and 2 ADAT I/O (with the expansion card). It doesn't cost a million. It also has processors on the card, so my CPU won't propably get overloaded as fast as it will with my Lexicon. But, like I said, I have never used it so I don't know anything about it. That's why I'm asking.

What would you suggest?

/fim

Pentium III 650
256 MB RAM (soon 512)
IDE 7200 RPM HD for OS and software
SCSI-2 9.1GB HD for audio
Nvidia graphics card (going to buy a Matrox G450)

Midisport 2x2 USB midi interface

Win 98 (optimized for audio)

Cubase VST/32
Wavelab

/fim

why do you think you need the DSP? you can do a lot on a P3 1Ghz with pure software.

I don't understand. I mean, it wouldn't hurt to have some extra DSP either, would it?

What is wrong with the Creamware cards?

/fim

Part of the problem with Creamware cards is Creamware itself. Support is lousy, the cards are good. The DSP will indeed offload your CPU, and routing of signals is a breeze. Only problem is the standard FX is not that good, so will use just a much CPU FX as now. MIDI implementation is not as great.

On the other hand, for synthesis they appear to work great.

Largest problem: they simply use almost all your PCI bandwith because the card itself has no internal ram for the FX. So it has to use your main ram for that. Comes the communication with the OS (the card has it's own OS) and you will not have much PCI capacity left.

Go over to www.planetz.com and check the forums, Creamware does not let you use their forum if you are not a customer.

Back