Crazy exporting problem!

JerryReadSmith

New to this website and forum. I am trying to export a mixed audio file with Sonar X1 to a thumbdrive and then upload in my video editing software. Crazy problem ... I've done it 4 times and every time the mixed project plays every track except the vocal track (track 1). There are 7 total tracks. When I play it in the studio everything plays properly. After I export ... no vocal track in the mix. Help!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi,
I don't know sonar but could it be anything to do with buses or track output assignments?
I know in Protools I can choose to bounce from bus1+2/3+4 or instead of main mix, or whatever.

Stab in the dark while you wait for people who know Sonar well. :)

Is this something that did work up until recently? There's also a possibility of there being a plugin that doesn't work under real-time bounce.
Maybe there's something you need to commit within the session first, like a vocal tune plug or something?

Thanks Steenamaroo. Yes ... it has worked up until this mix. I haven't changed any settings. I'll try mixing another session and see if I have the same problem or if it's just isolated to this one project. It's totally weird!

I would go with Steen's assessment. I don't know Sonar, but most DAWs export either doing Stems or a Master mix. If the vocals are set to route through something that isn't being routed to the Master, when you render the output (from Master), then that track won't get picked up during the process. Check the track's routing and make sure it is going to the Master some way and not to an alternate output.

Ok ... so I mixed down to another track then exported to a temp video folder then copied from there to my Thumbdrive ... and it worked. Now today I'm working on a different project and I'm having a similar problem. It plays fine off the mixed down track. I copy to Video temp folder then to Thumbdrive ... and same problem when I take it to my Video workstation. So I take the Thumbdrive back to the studio and import it to still another track in my project ... and it plays fine. I think I might be going crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Or another possibility: In Cubase if I leave a track 'armed' to record, it will not export.

Many times I have just finished a vocal session and export a rough mix for singer to evaluate later only to realize the one thing they needed was left out of the export...

Just because the red 'enable' button was lit up.

Back