Crate GFX-212 Problem

Bryaxis

I need some help..i've had this amp for a while..in my opinion..it's a great amp for my style..about a year ago the input went bad..so i replaced it..a couple of months later..the amp just stopped producing sound. nothing..no buzz, no hum..nothing at all. i know i need to take this to a dealer to have it looked at..but i was just wondering if anyone had any ideas as to what could be wrong. thanks alot.
bryan

i have the same amp, works great too, glad to meet another crate user :), but not under these circumstances :(

only thing I can think is check the speaker wires maybe? i mean, the thing always makes noise, put on full chorus or flange on 10, and listen 2 see if you hear it whirling around htrough the spekares...if you hear this, maybe the input is bad yet again

thanks alot, i'll try that. it seemed to me that it should be making SOME noise too...so i'll see..thanks man
bryan

Help !!!! >_<

Hey guys im kinda in the same situation but mine does make sound just not powerful its like muffled or what not ... i have the crate GFX-212 amp head and idk whats wrong with it and i have a show coming up soon please help me !! :eek::confused:

well the fact that it buzzes alittle means the power supply if not totally right is at least up... unfortunately it's gonna be alomost impossible to diagnose over the web... espcially sonce you don't seem to have any experience with electronics... time to see the doctor.... BTW... did you notice this thread is 4yrs old???

Back