Crash Boom Bang

apush

Ok. So here's the deal. I am running Cubase LE4 and every time I try to apply a fade to the audio or normalize the program crashes on me. What is going on? Any ideas? thanks

how about you quit being an asshole and be more specific in the way I should pose my question? Your response is no better than your accusation of my original post.

No one can give you an answer if you don't post more specific details of your problem. And snapping at someone trying to help will probably yield you about 90% less answers than you may have gotten if you would have gone a little more into detail about your problem, its circumstances, and your system in the first place.

my "snapping" was in response to the reply in which I was first insulted with my unintelligent question and then mocked (bing bang boom) all in one sentence. If he was trying to be helpful , he could try not posting in such a way.

my "snapping" was in response to the reply in which I was first insulted with my unintelligent question and then mocked (bing bang boom) all in one sentence. If he was trying to be helpful , he could try not posting in such a way.
How's that working out for ya?

The bing bang boom was in response to your crash boom bang. Sorry, I thought it was cute.

Your question well, it speaks for itself. :p

Ok. So here's the deal. I am running Cubase LE4 and every time I try to apply a fade to the audio or normalize the program crashes on me. What is going on? Any ideas? thanks

dude for someone whos been a member since 2001 you should know its all in the details:D

quick list

operating system
motherboard
chipset
audio card
have you checked for updates cubase
drivers for your soundcard
chipset and motherboard drivers
bios updates
do any other progams crash
have you changed anything has it just started happening

I haven't signed in in years. I just started getting back into recording and Cubase is completely new to me. I've been a ProTools user for years.

Anyways, specs:

HP Slimline
Vista Home Premium SP1
Core(TM) 2 Duo processor E4700 (2.6GHz)
4GB DDR2-800MHz dual channel SDRAM (2x2048)
256MB NVIDIA GeForce 8500GT DVI-I, HDMI
750GB 7200 rpm SATA 3Gb/s hard drive

PreSonus Firestudio Project with Faderport
Cubase LE

Everything is pretty much stock. This is a single-purpose machine that was bought and and has only been used for Cubase.

So long as I turn off my wireless internet I have no crashes within Cubase other than when I try to manipulate the audio directly. Applying effects thru sends or inserts works fine. Nothing has changed with the system to make it do this. I have had this problem right out of the box.

you wont want to read this but vista may be the problem

http://forums.presonus.com/archive/index.php/t-3194.html

from what Baddox says it might not be an easy fix
dont know how true but it does not vote well for vista
try email presonus see if they know of a fix

check the onboard sound card is completely disabled and what irq's everything is using
unplug them one of them and use the other see if it crashes
other than that no ideas

does cubase crash or does the whole system crash?

If the whole system crashes then it may be a hardware thing. Try to use cubase without anything except you monitor, keyboard, mouse and your protection device and recreate the problem.

If this doesnt solve it. Try and open up the box (if you are comfortable with that) and make sure everything is seated properly (dunno how this will affect your warranty though if it is an HP thing)

Hope this helps a little

Dave

it is only Cubase that crashes. I have only had three system-wide crashes so far (three months) and they were in Media Player.

Vista has been nothing but a headache. I am a Mac user and have been my whole life but since I am broke I can't afford a new mac right now, so stuck with Vista I am (go yoda!). Many times while recording Vista has tried to run updates and interrupted my tracking. Turing off wifi helps with that but the number of interruptions is intolerable.

*btw, the stock sound card is disabled.

I'll check out the link. thanks for the help.

apush....wrote: So long as I turn off my wireless internet I have no crashes within Cubase other than when I try to manipulate the audio directly.

Choctaw response: It's a good idea to not be connected to the web while recording. I always turn off IP connections when using Cubase. Then no worry about updates or anything coming off the web while I am putting down tracks.

Back