Crap! New installation of Sonar 3 not behaving well...

moskus

The Creator of Æ, Ø and Å
I just got a new 160 gig HD and have installed Windows XP and Sonar 3 and the 3.1 patch.

But when I hit stop, I have to reset Sonar and restart the audio-engine for the audio engine to work! It's really annoying! What am I doing wrong?

It behaves the same for whatever latency-setting I use, and it doesen't matter if I use WDM or ASIO-drivers.

I know how to tweak Sonar and Windows, but is there something I have forgotten?

It's driving me MAAAAD! :mad:

maybe too much tweaking? i know when i did those tweak from musicxp.net i didn't see an improvement and conversely it fukked up other shit. now i just do a clean install of XP Pro and let everything be and it works great!

Thanks for you tips, Teacher. But I found out what was wrong.

It turned out that the problem only happened when trying to play the DR-008. So I upgraded the plug-in and now everything is just fine! :)

moskus, I am having all kinds of problems with the 3.1 patch and am frankly pretty fed up with Cakewalk.

4 mixes that work fine in 3.0 do not run correctly in 3.1. They have screwed up the engine somehow and random movements of buttons, windows and sliders are stalling out the engine.

They are offering up few workarounds at this point. A lot of people are not complaining mainly low end users with 10-15 tracks. In a real mix with multiple plug ins and mid/audio tracks this rev just breaks down however.

I have jumped back to 3.0 until they get it figured out. It's interesting, in all the years I have been using their products, I don't ever remember them putting out a screw up like this.

Strange!

To me the upgrade was welcome! I got much lower CPU usage, with the comprimise of a little higher HD usage. I would say that Sonar 3.1 is the best version yet.

If they could only include the much wanted freeze function, I would be in heaven! :D

ditto no problems here but i don't use sonar for mixing so i don't usually go over 16 tracks and very little plug ins used for the most part so i guess my comment could be irrelevant....

but i'm on moskus side recording at 88.2 and sonar not crashing the entire system when the word clock SR and project SR differ(that shit was a pain in the ass), those 2 improvements make it great for me , maybe its time for a format reinstall, thats my solution for everything when my comps acts screwy YMMV :D

moskus:

freeze function is cool but when you have to freeze a track it can kill your flow cuz it takes so friggin long...

Teacher said:
freeze function is cool but when you have to freeze a track it can kill your flow cuz it takes so friggin long...
Maybe. But it would be shorter than having to bounce the synths to track and muting/archiving them afterwards. You do the work with the click of a button. ;)

Back