Crap drum sound.

DrumRookie

"That" kid.
Well, I had a chance to rush and set up my mics and record some scratchier than scratch tracks.
BUT, this summer I'm getting a new (and better) kit, along with new mics. And bass traps. Along with some better skills.

So just let me know, and laugh as much as you want (I think this stinks so bad it's not even funny).

Depending on the tune it would set in, it could be fine. Drums all come down to context. I will say the kik sounds a bit soft. I'd want a little more aggressive sound from the snare. New heads wouldn't hurt.

I guess I'm my own worst critic. Things need to improve for sure, I probably was too harsh on myself (sort of) yesterday.

Thanks for the critique though, I appreciate it :)

Well, I had a chance to rush and set up my mics and record some scratchier than scratch tracks.
BUT, this summer I'm getting a new (and better) kit, along with new mics. And bass traps. Along with some better skills.

So just let me know, and laugh as much as you want (I think this stinks so bad it's not even funny).

May I ask what drum kit you used for this recording? That snare sounds pretty familiar...

Its really not bad, how was it mic'd? how many mics/what positions/ etc.

2 Behringer C-2 overheads, one almost over the snare, and the other almost over the ride (but more towards the toms), and a Nady SP-1 in the kick about 3-4 inches away from the beater.

I honestly don't think it sounds bad at all. Seems like a very workable take to me!

Cool, thanks :)

On a scale of 1 to 10 (10 being something you would consider ready to be put on a disc [what I'm aiming for, but of course far from that], and 1 being something that would make you want to choke the drummer), what would you rate this as?

Back