Cranking up my amp

booyah14

So I'm almost ready to start recording full scale bands but I still have one problem. I will be recording in my basement of my house. I have a room inside a room for the drums, and it is definitely possible to play and not disturb the people in the house. However, I like to record bands playing together so I'm presented with a problem. I need to build some type of isobox for the guitarist's amp. Now is there any "golden" size I should make this? I have been googling it earlier and it seems that it wouldn't matter too much since I will be close micing most of the time. So if there isn't really any problem just making a box, what materials would you guys suggest, sizes, thickness, all of that jazz?

This question has been getting some mileage lately. Have you considered an attenuator? Something like the THD Hot Plate, or the Marshall Power Brake?

What ive done in this instance is just place the Speaker cabs in a closet. It really doesnt even need to be in the same room. Monitor through headphones when playing. This will also keep the guitar out of your drum mix along w/keeping overall noise down in and outside of house.

Back