Crackling sounds xenyx 2442

Henka99

Hi I'm new to this and got a question:confused:, I've got a xenyx 2442fx and are having these strange noices, popping sound when using the fx, when they're turned off all's ok. I use it to mic my kit using 4 mics on the drums and 2 overhead. Any suggestions?

Hi Henka and welcome to the board.

I've not been to long my self either on this forum.

It's probably a matter of gain staging.

I use the same board, and have noticed that it is extremely sensitive to overloading the fx channel.
Make sure to go easy on the FX send pot. and raise the volume of the fx with the return pot. instead.

Good luck!

True dat - too much gain in the sends - doesn't that thing have clipping LEDs? lower the sends increase the returns

Thx a lot guys for the fast reply :-) i'll give that a shot!
I might add that i'm new to the mixing business but i'll guess you've figured that one out already:-)
Prob havecsome more q's soon enough! Thx again!

Right guys, I've tried it and it worked like a charm! Can't believe the sensitivity on the fx though! Thx again for spreading the knowledge!

JonLab, I might as well ask you since you have the same board. How did you connect the USB interface that came with the mixer to the PC? Since it's RCA plugs in should I get a RCA to Jack cable or do I have to run it from tape/cd in and out?? I'm planning on using Ableton Live to record the kit and then eventually put some bass and keys on there when my mates finds the time. Hope I'm making sense... Thx on beforehand!

It'll work just fine with the tape/cd out RCA's. But personally I'm just using the mixer and skipped the USB interface. I'm either taking the signal from the direct outs on each channel, or through the sub outputs to my interface. I've tested the interface the came with the mixer, it's only 16bits and I record in 24 bits. But there wasn't any trouble with the ASIO drivers provided by Behringer, both the 32 and 64 bit drivers worked perfectly, and with very low latency on my computer.

Back