Crackles, pops and snap eventually??

burmakaplan

I'm having NOFUN with 1.4Ghz AMD, 30Gb HD, Delta 1010 and running cubase VST 32. I'm recording talk shows for a local radio station. The segments of continuous recording is max 10 minutes, but for some reason, after 5 - 7 minutes of continuous recording, the popping and crackles make their appearance. I have heard that it may help to increase the buffer size? Is this in the ASIO setup, and do I change it manually, or do I allow the ASIO program to determine the buffer size?? Any help in this regard will be appreciated.

I am going to "snap"

<<bkm>>

sounds like you got another program running in the background that is causing this....this would be my first guess.

there is a well known problem if u run under winNT or Win2000 if your computer is installed as ACPI. In this case all your PCI stuff will share ONE SINGLE IRQ, which leads to such problems. Please give us your full detailed OS-Version, Motherboard (i remember that the via-chipsets produce more pops than others,...) or make a search thru the computer clinic forum of the sonik bbs.

Back